Wednesday, October 24, 2012

M3AAWG - ESP

I'm attending the M3AAWG General Meeting this week. I've gotten to meet all sorts of interesting people from across the Internet, all with the common goal to make the Internet a safer place for everyone.

One group of people I newly met are employees of ESPs, Email Service Providers. I kinda knew these sorts of businesses existed, but this is the first time I'm hearing the term, since Higher Ed has traditionally used their own email services. (This is shifting quickly, though, with the promise of The Cloud(tm).)

It turns out, ESPs have the same problems as Higher Ed email and abuse admins.


ESP

I have
Something to say and
Something to send you.
I really do.

I am
One of your partners.
I want to do business,
But there's a big mess.

You have
Blocked all my email,
Hung up on my phone calls:
Discussion all stalls.

And you
Send something through us.
Attachments seem fishy.
Oh, you just spammed me?

And no,
It wasn't just to us.
You spammed half of Europe.
In spam traps we're chomped up.

Oh, no!
You included virii,
And ain't that a real shame
We're taking all the blame.

It seems
That email is chaos,
Our goose has been boiled,
Our business is foiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment